Sunday, October 23, 2011

Seed Order

Tonight I placed a seed order with Johnny's Selected Seeds for my basement hydroponic project. I would have purchased seeds for the project locally, if I could have found any. Growing indoors outside of the traditional outdoor growing season does make it a little more difficult to find seed.


Here's a screen capture from the order screen:




Product ID: ProductQuantityPrice

242G.10Ripbor (F1) (OG)-Mini
Vegetables > Kale & Collards > Green Kale
1$6.50

428G.11Waldmann's Dark Green (OG)-Packet
Vegetables > Lettuce > Leaf > Greenleaf
1$3.95

2571G.11Corvair (F1) (OG)-Packet
Vegetables > Spinach > Smooth-Leaf
1$2.95

2116.11Flash (F1)-Packet
Vegetables > Kale & Collards > Collards
1$2.95




I buy organic seeds whenever possible and as a result I end up paying a little more for seed than I would buying it at the local big box store. I like to use high quality untreated seed as much as practical. Johnny's sells treated seed too, but you can request untreated seed in your order. They also have a nice selection of heirloom seeds, which I'll be using in my outside garden next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment