Monday, February 28, 2011

Herb Garden Novice


While my partner in crime is dreaming of a $3,000 turn key aquaponic system, I am starting my own little herb garden. Recently, when searching for a terra cotta pot for a blackberry bush we are planning to purchase, I found a pot that screamed herb garden.


I must admit that I have been a pretty avid user of dried spices from Watkins, but with our increased amount of fresh veggies we have access to I want to use fresh herbs when cooking them. I started with some basics including chives, oregano, basil, and parsley. I think I am most excited about chives. These are all herbs that some of our favorite recipes use on a regular basis.


These are pictures from when I started it about a week ago, soon I will update the picture when the sprouts get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment