Saturday, November 26, 2011

From Mo Town to Grow Town?

We moved back to Detroit this summer after leaving in 2007 at the height the economic slow-down....Sitting in my motel room one Sunday morning, a local news program ran a story about how urban farming is taking root in Detroit. I really had no idea....

Here's an article about the movement published last year in My Mag.

Here's an excerpt:
"Grandpa yanked a carrot out of the ground, rubbed it on his overalls to get the dirt off and took a big bite...Because he was my grandfather, I thought anything he did was so, so cool, and so I’ve been eating carrots ever since." Kristine Hahn, Garden Resource Program Collaborative Board Member
I wish we had a little more space at our place to grow a bigger garden. Maybe then we could contribute to programs such as the Urban Farming Global Food Chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment