Saturday, December 24, 2011

Michigan Gardening for Growth Program

The State of Michigan has made a few properties available to lease as a part of the Gardening for Growth Program.  Canton Township, which is very near my home in Belleville, has several properties available for lease. If the application is approved, the property is available for 1 year for $25 or 3 years for $75. 

Since I living in a subdivision, it's exciting to learn about the possibility of gardening on a little larger piece of property. Of course the soil would need to be tested before an in ground garden could be cultivated, but I could use aquaponics, hydroponics, or above ground methods to overcome this issue if necessary. I have been aware of the program in Detroit for several years, but until today I knew nothing about the possibilities in other communities.

I need to figure out how to build a temporary structure, a method for securing it against intrusion, and a way to operate it off the grid.  Any ideas?  I have a feeling this might be the difficult part for aquaponics usage, but traditional in ground or above ground methods should still be possible.

Next though, I need to prepare a property plan so I can submit my application.

Eating For Energy - Raw Food Diet For Weight Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment